Website SUCCESS Partners
The Direct Selling News Staff Writer produces news, data and analysis that delivers valuable content to our executive-level audience across all platforms: print, digital and events.
The Staff Writer is responsible for contributing both short, daily posts for our online and social audiences, as well as long-form stories for the print magazine. They should cultivate source relationships throughout the direct selling community and be able to identify important stories as well as interpret or provide context to developments within the channel. Direct Selling News is the leading trade publication for direct selling executives and, as such, all content should be timely, relevant and provide the necessary context to serve as a trusted authority for this audience.
- Developing and writing 8-12 online posts per week, including a mix of curated and original content
- Posting stories into the content management system
- Adapting this online content for the magazine’s News in Brief section each month
- Provide quarterly contributions to the magazine, including but not limited to the Expansion Map segment
- Writing 1-2 long-form stories for the print magazine each month
- Cultivating source relationships throughout the direct selling community, including with active direct selling companies, suppliers, academics, analysts and DSAs across the world
- Attending DSN, SUCCESS Partners and industry events
- Contributing story ideas to DSN editorial calendar meetings
- Collaborating with the rest of the DSN team to maximize the visual impact of print stories and social media impact of online posts
- Serve as a backup to the audience development associate on social media responsibilities
- Contribute to a positive, collaborative team environment
- Take on any other assignment made by manager(s)
Education & Certifications:
- College degree in Journalism, Communications, English or related field.
- Six months to two years’ experience writing professionally.
- Applicants should be able to provide writing samples of their work.
This is a full time position, located in Plano Texas at the SUCCESS Partners Headquarters. SUCCESS Partners offers a competitive benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For additional information about DSN or SUCCESS Partners visit us at www.successpartners.com or www.directsellingnews.com